Sunday, January 17, 2010

William Schluntz sneaks in to America!


Wilhelm and Sophie Westphal Schluntz
I was recently doing research on the Ancestry website after adding my family tree to the website. Imagine my surprise when I found Wilhelm Schluntz listed right above Sophie Westphal (his future wife) on the passenger list! Sopia age 30 and Wilhlem age 24. They marrried June 4, 1867. November 6, 1866 Sophie and Wilhelm arrived together in New York on the Borussia. I wonder if the act that they are listed together on that passenger list is significant???? They were married in Illinois, so I wonder if they traveled together from New York? Did they know each other? I never would have found Wilhelm as he was listed as Wm Schluntz. The only reason I found him was because he was listed above Sophie!


No comments:

Post a Comment